Mill Road Cemetery was created and consecrated in 1848 to provide more burial space for the city centre parishes. It is now full. It is still consecrated and owned by the parishes, and maintained as a churchyard and open space by Cambridge City Council. It is an English Heritage Grade II listed site, with several listed monuments and war graves. There are public art installations by Gordon Young, on the theme of birds and birdsong. It is always open.